Today our family participated in the Run for the Schools event to raise money for our school. Abby ran the 1/2 mile, Jack ran the 1 mile, and both Pat and I did the 10K. Today was a day of firsts...our first time running Run for the Schools, Abby's first race ever, Jack's first time running an entire mile (with 2 hills by the way) and having an awesome finish (so fast that I actually missed catching a picture as he was coming in as I wasn't expecting him already), and the first time Pat and I ran a 10K. It was a great, great day! EVERYONE ran their entire race. Yes, even little miss Abby ran the ENTIRE way. Let's just say I am one proud Mom of my little kiddos. What a great healthy habit to get these kids started on already. I love it. We had so much fun running and seeing our friends that I can confidently say this will become an annual event for our family!
 |
| Before the race |
 |
| Proud finisher |
 |
| Mom catching Jack from behind |
 |
| Proud finisher |
 |
| 1/2 mile runners-Maryn, Emily, Abby, Lydia |
 |
| Friends |
 |
| 1 mile runners--McKenna, Cameron, Harrison, Brady, Jack |
No comments:
Post a Comment